Table of Contents:
- CIJ Awards Slovakia 2020
- Eligibility for Nomination
- Hall of Fame
- Voting Procedures & Selection of Winners
- Nomination Procedures
- Rules for use of the CIJ Awards Slovakia 2019 Trademarks
- Additional Regulations
- Contact Details
The following are the CIJ Awards Slovakia Rules and Regulations for the 2020 season.
CIJ Awards Slovakia 2020
CIJ EUROPE will be hosting the 16th CIJ Awards Slovakia 2020 on March 18th, 2021 at the TBC. The CIJ Awards are the longest-running commercial property awards event in Slovakia and have evolved continuously over the past 16 years to keep pace with changes in local, regional and international property markets.
Eligibility for Nomination
The CIJ Awards recognizes and celebrates projects, companies, teams as well as transactions that excelled in performance. CIJ Awards Slovakia 2020 is intended to honor the nominations with history between November 2019 and October 2020. Nominations will be judged on the value they bring to the real estate they fill, including consideration of the size, quality, design, value, time, term, company and team.
Hall of Fame
The winning entries in each category will enjoy advancement to the Best of the Best CIJ HOF Awards in April 2021 at TPC, where the winning elite from ten other Central & South East Europe countries is presented.
CIJ EUROPE, hereinafter referred to as CIJ Awards Administration Committee, shall organize and administer the CIJ Awards Slovakia 2020, pursuant to the rules established by the CIJ Awards Administration Committee. The provisions of all paragraphs below set forth the valid rules of governance.
All decisions made by the CIJ Awards Administration Committee concerning eligibility for the CIJ Awards and all other matters relating to their administration, including adoption of amendments to these Rules, shall be final, binding and conclusive for all purposes.
The CIJ Slovakia Awards Jury Committee shall be a self-governing body comprised of 15 Jury Members:
Online Jury Voting Committee
- Top and middle management real estate experts with a minimum of 5 years’ experience, representing a company active on the European Real Estate Market (including all industries related to its development), are eligible to join the Online Jury Voting Committee using the appropriate form (which is available on https://awards.cijeurope.com/SK/). The CIJ Awards Administration Committee will confirm participation within 2 days after receiving each jury application form.
- Failure of a confirmed Online Jury Voting Committee Member to vote within the specified time period will result in a loss of voting rights and the Member may not designate a replacement to vote in his place.
- Online Jury Voting Committee is comprised of an undefined group of Real Estate Experts as well as all representatives of other industries related to its development.
- Possible company representation: Online Jury Voting Committee can enter 4 people from companies counting until 50 employees, 6 people from companies counting until 100 employees, 8 people from companies counting until 200 employees and maximum 10 people from companies counting over 200 employees.
- Online Jury Voting Committee will be invited for voting in January 2021.
- Online Jury Voting Committee will receive the hyperlinked form to fill.
- Online Jury Voting Committee has 61% decision rate.
- The Jury Committee members are invited by the CIJ Awards Administration Committee. The Jury Committee includes representatives of top management from the European Real Estate Market including professionals from Funds, Investors, Architects, Developers, property owners and service providers.
- Jury Committee members will will evaluate only Development category
- Jury Committee members will have exclusive voting in category Grand Prix & Leadership of the Year.
- Jury Committee members who are unable to attend the Jury Committee Meeting may designate a representative – a co-worker from their Company holding the position of President / Board Member / Managing Director. In case such a replacement is impossible – Jury Committee members will be allowed to vote online.
- The Jury Committee can include up to 15 members.
- Jury Committee members cannot vote in categories that they are nominated in.
- Possible company representation: one member of management from one company.
- Jury Committee will meet in January 2021.
- All votes of the Jury Committee shall be taken by secret ballot, with only those members of the Committee entitled to vote.
- The weighting of the Jury Committee voting is 61% of the final result.
Voting Procedures & Selection of Winners
- Online Jury Voting Committee and Jury Committee vote separately, independently and at different times.
- Every Jury Member must choose a winning project, product or company in each category.
- Jury Members may not vote in a category in which their project or company is nominated – they must abstain from voting in this category.
- Being familiar with the sector, companies and projects, Jury Members are expected to vote both on the basis of their professional knowledge and experience as well as on the basis of the nomination forms.
- Jury Committee will meet and discuss nominations, but the votes will be kept strictly confidential with each member recording their vote privately on secret voting ballots.
- Votes from both Committees will be collected, compiled, counted and calculated by an independent audit company.
- Votes and the precise results of the voting will be kept strictly confidential and secret.
- Winners will be announced and awarded during the CIJ Forum/Awards on 4th February 2021 at TBC.
- Every company may nominate itself, its projects and teams or other companies, projects and teams.
- Nominations must be submitted between 1 October and 15 January 2021.
- Grand Prix Award is granted to one of the nominated projects from the Development or Performance category
- Nominations must be submitted on nomination forms which are available on https://awards.cijeurope.com/SK/.
- CIJ Awards Administration Committee will confirm acceptance of nomination within 2 working days of CIJ Awards Administration Committee receiving each form.
- Nominations and the information on each form will be presented on the CIJ Awards website https://awards.cijeurope.com/SK/.
- One company is entitled to make maximum of 10 nominations. Additional entries on request.
Rules for use of the CIJ Awards Slovakia 2020 Trademarks
Each Winner will receive the CIJ Awards plaque/statue, diploma and electronic trademarks – they may be used without limitation. The Winner is obliged to use the description ‘The Winner of CIJ Awards 2020’ (including the awards name together with the year) wherever it mentions winning the CIJ Awards. The CIJ and CIJ Awards trademarks can not be used without preauthorization.
- Companies can enter as many related categories as they wish to.
- Projects submitted for the CIJ Awards must have all the mandatory government approvals. CIJ Awards Administration Committee reserves the right to ask for supplementary documentation of information provided in the application form.
- There must be a minimum of two confirmed nominations in each category to proceed with Online Jury Voting Committee and Jury Committee voting. If the CIJ Awards Administration Committee determines that there is only one eligible candidate in one of the categories listed above, the CIJ Awards Administration Committee has the right to award a special prize in that category.
- The decisions of the Jury are final.
- Personal information given on the forms will be placed in the company database of CIJ EUROPE and RPMG and may be used to organize trainings, courses, seminars, conferences and to carry out other marketing activities. Companies have the right to inspect and update this data.
- The event will be documented by the organizer with photographs and video. Those taking part in the event accept that the organizer will publish the above-mentioned documentation on its websites and in printed materials via CIJ EUROPE, RPMG and their trading partners.
Any party that violates these rules will be subject to removal of eligibility to vote in or nominate projects and/or to any other penalties as may be imposed by the CIJ Awards Administration Committee at its sole discretion.
If in the considered view of the CIJ Awards Administration Committee, any of the above provisions have been violated, the violation must be corrected within ten calendar days following written notice of the violation. Any violation not so corrected, in addition to any other rights or remedies available to CIJ Awards Administration Committee or its ventures, may result in the withdrawal of the right to use the CIJ Awards Statue and CIJ Awards trademark, including, and not limited to a permanent ban on the use of the trademarks in the event of a serious or continued violation. Replication of CIJ Awards plaques or statues are forbidden and will be seen as an infringement on the CIJ Awards branding and brands.
CIJ Europe – CEE & SEE Europe’s leading Real Estate news provider digitally and in print.
All notices, certifications and other communications required or permitted to be given to the CIJ Awards Administration Committee under these Rules shall be given in a manner consistent with these Rules to Robert Fletcher, firstname.lastname@example.org
CIJ Awards Administration Committee contact persons:
Robert Fletcher: +420 702 095 268, email@example.com
Yuli Wolfe: firstname.lastname@example.org